[Anjuta-list] Turning off auto-complete

How do I switch off the auto-complete (is that the name of the drop-down box that appears under words as I type)? I can see some related options in the user.properties file but none that seem to turn it off.

Darren

P.S. For future upgrades, some way to update the user.properties file would be nice (I just deleted my old one to get a default file and noticed some i18n entries in there now - I'll study them later but it might answer my previous question).