Re: [anjuta-list] creating a deb package with anjuta

Hi!

> Now that I've made this awesome (not really) GTK program in Anjuta,
> how do I go about creating a package/tarball that someone else can
> download and hit "go" and have everything work? Or, failing that, what
> do I need to include so that someone could easily build the program
> from source? I know the answer is probably a bit long for one e-mail,
> but does anyone know of some good resources I could check out that
> would get me started? Bear in mind that I'm a *complete* newbie at
> linux packages and how they work. I'm at the level of understanding
> where I can follow detailed instructions in a README file and things
> either magically work or frustratingly don't.

Building the program from sources is actually really easy if you
distribute that tarball. Anjuta can create this file with "Build->Build
Tarball" in the menu.

The debian package thing isn't that easy unfortunately. While this is
certainly on our todo list it is just very difficult to implement and
get right.

There is a tutorial to do it manually and it is quite long:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

Regards,
Johannes