Re: [anjuta-list] creating a deb package with anjuta

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 23:04:56 -0500
Benton Greene <beezum88 gmail com> wrote:

> Thanks! I think at this point just distributing the source is good
> enough. One more quick question: when installing from source, is there
> a way to make it add an entry in the Ubuntu application menu?

Hi Benton,

If I'm not mistaken, Ubuntu adheres to the rules of freedesktop. So you
can prepare a small file ending on .desktop  (usually filename.desktop)
and copy that to /usr/share/applications/ (for global install) and
something like .config/local/ It should then appear on the menu. Can't
check that at the moment.

John