Re: Access to CVS

On Sat 22 Apr 2000 14:26:18 Erik Petersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The druid balks if the default inbox (/var/spool/mail/*) doesn't exist
> complaining that it can't create it.

This is not the fault of the druid; /var/spool/mail can only be written
to by root... usually the mail daemon creates a file and changes its
permissions when a new mail spool is created. I suppose we could write
code to send a simple message to get the inbox created, but that seems
awfully hackish.

> The program exits with an error if it tries to look up the POP server
> hostname and can't

This should be a good thing to work on as a starter.

> The "Create a Mailbox" menuitem and the server preferences are inconsistant:
>   - The local spool is not listed as a server

I'm not sure I get you here... but if I do, you can just put 'localhost' as
the server name.

>   - There is no option to add a POP mailbox, only local or IMAP

This is one of our weirdities, because POP is handled differently than IMAP
and local mailboxes. They're listen in the prefs box, so to create a POP3
mailbox and to have it not show up would be confusing. The real fix, of course,
is to do POP3 correctly.

--
Peter Williams peter@newton.cx