Re: Bug in 0.9.1?

> > I asked last week if anyone _had_ to use non-threaded, and had only one
> > reply from someone who had setup his build scripts to use unthreaded
> > because threaded was buggy at the time - I don't think this is the case
> > anymore.
> >

> I would have responded, but I was in the middle of cram^H^H^H^Hstudying.
> Personally, I use non-threaded for debugging, often it's easier to find the
> bugs.

So now you are finished revising? I hope it all went well...

Part of the problem with having threaed/non-threaded versions of balsa is
that they both do some things in totally different ways (like updating
mailboxes...), which just makes debugging harder as far as I can see.

> > Anyway, I think it's just to much effort to support two versions of Balsa,
> > especially if it is unnecessary, and there are a lot of places in the code
> > where having two options leads differences in the way the two work...
> >
> > Comments?
> >

> The debugging concern is not enough to keep it around, however I think we
> should wait for glib 1.4 to be released before we think of removing it.  The
> reasoning is that there is still not a totally uniform cross-platform thread
> implementation.  GLib should have one in 1.4, however until then we might
> end up causing serious problems for some people.

It was because I didn't want to cause any problems for people that I asked
if anyone had to have a non-threaded version - so far noone has said that
they don't have an adequate pthreads implementation on there system

Ho soon is glib 1.4 due? Do we intend to move to as soon as it is
released? I think we will need to wait for GNOME to move to gtk 1.4 for
this.. don't know when they are planning it for (probably GNOME 2.0 I
guess...)