0.9.3 phantom window

Hello,

  I just installed balsa-0.9.3 from source on a RedHat 6.2
system. My libgtk is:
   /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0.5.2
so I guess that means I'm using gtk-1.2.0? In any case,
balsa works OK, as did 0.9.0. Except that a small window
pops up periodically. Judging from the frequency I think
it must be happening when balsa checks for new mail, but
it pops up and disappears so fast that I can't see what it
says. It's pretty annoying. Does anyone have any idea
what this could be and how I might stop it from appearing?
Sorry if it turns out this is really a gtk or some other
problem, but it didn't happen using balsa0.9.0. Any advice
appreciated. Thanks.

- Phil Cummins

P.S. I had to configure with --enable-more-warnings=no to
    get balsa-0.9.3 to compile with gcc 2.95.2