On window management

I'm using Enlightenment as my window manager. By right-clicking on the
title bar of *any* window and selecting "Remember...", one can memorize any
aspect of a window - size, position, and so on. As a matter of fact, I just
did it in this "Compose" window. This is universal across all application -
I don't have to relearn window management for every application I use. I
assume that Sawfish works similarly, but I don't use it myself.

The whole reason I'm getting away from Windows 9x/NT is that Windows is
essentially monolithic, as opposed to Linux, which has small pieces doing
one job well. Things that directly affect the usage of an application
should be governed by the application. UI concerns should be handled by the
UI system, and window management should be handled by the window manager.

Raven
Raven (not the OTHER Raven, THAT Raven! :-)
<ravens_nest@att.net> <http://home.att.net/~ravens_nest>

And if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price