Balsa 1.1.5 Beginner's POP3 Question

Hi:

	I am a new Balsa user. I am using Balsa version 1.1.5 and am having
a problem retrieving mail from a POP3 mail server. I am not having a
problem sending mail. In the Settings -->> Preferences -->> Mail Servers
section I have:

Type POP3
Mailbox name Inbox
Server getmail.lott.com
Port 110
Username ed
Password ******

When I click on the Check button the screen flashes but nothing else
happens. TCPDUMP shows no network activity. I can telnet to port 110 of the
POP3 server and retrieve messages.

I must have a fundimental set up error, however I do not see what it is. If
anyone can shed any light on what I am doing wrong, I would appreciate
hearing from them.

Ed. Lott
mailto:ed@lott.com