Re: unicode and i18n

> > 1. where can I find gnome-autogen.sh? for example most recent Redhat
> > beta that comes with "native" gnome2 does not have it?
>
> comes with "gnome-common" and is a necessary dependancy to gnome 2.
>
> > 2. Do you know whether AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT interoperates with
> > gettext-0.11 and more recent?
>
> works perfectly with 0.10.x and 0.11.x (up to most recent 0.11.5) this
> all has been tested with CVSGnome 0.3.0 (available on my webpage).

the macros dir can completely be removed too. all stuff that comes with
gnome-common....

another suggestion:

a) split 1.3.7 to balsa only and webpage only (makes no sense to
checkout the webpage stuff all the time)

b) remove the macros dir

c) use a correct autogen.sh as in rhythmbox (attachment)

d) the configure.in looks quite ok but the 2 lines with the gnomelocale
dir are obsolete and should get removed

e) if you use gob then make it point to gob2 (havent verified this yet)

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de

srcdir=`dirname $0`
test -z "$srcdir" && srcdir=.

PKG_NAME="rhythmbox"

(test -f $srcdir/configure.in \
  && test -f $srcdir/ChangeLog \
  && test -d $srcdir/shell) || {
    echo -n "**Error**: Directory "\`$srcdir\'" does not look like the"
    echo " top-level $PKG_NAME directory"
    exit 1
}

which gnome-autogen.sh || {
    echo "You need to install gnome-common from the GNOME CVS"
    exit 1
}
USE_GNOME2_MACROS=1 . gnome-autogen.sh