[RFC] The `Manage Identities' dialog

The list of identities in the `Manage Identities' dialog
(Settings->Identities...) is currently implemented as a GtkCList, which
is deprecated in gtk+-2.0. The replacement widget is
GtkTreeView--porting is under way.

GtkTreeView has the capability of rendering a column of checkboxes (or
radio buttons) to indicate status. Balsa currently uses an arrow icon
to indicate the current default identity; this looks like a candidate
for replacement by a checkbox.

Rendering the list that way will obviously invite the user to click on
the box to change the default. However, the checkbox isn't a real
checkbox widget, and there's no simple way to detect a (single) click
on it. The API does provide a "row-activated" signal, emitted when the
user *double-clicks* the row, and the column the user double-clicked
can be detected. We could use that to request a change of default.

Could we then do away with the `Set Default' button? Or should we stay
with an appropiate icon? Any other thoughts?

Thanks for all comments!

Peter