Re: Balsa2 build stops with libtool error message.

On 2003.08.30 14:52, Buckie wrote:
> Hello people! I try to build balsa2 on FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE from ports
> and the building fails. Here's what I see last:
>
> make install
> libtool: link: cannot find the library `'
> *** Error code 1

It is the first time I see this kind of error but my first guess is
that one of the libtool's .la files contains strange value.

One possible approach to find it out is to:

1. run strace -f -olog on the libtool link command line (strace -f -
olog /bin/sh ../libtool ...)

2.grep '\.la' log | grep -v NOENT | grep open |sort|uniq

Check all the listed files (in my case, libesmtp.la, libgpgme.la,
liblinc.la libxml2.la) for "strange" content. Start from the last one
listed.

I hope it helps.

Pawel