Re: balsa won't launch browser

Dnia 2003.07.29 00:57, Jack napisał(a):
> I just upgraded to balsa 2.0.13 (same problem with 2.0.10) compiled
> from tarball on a LFS system (2.4.19 kernel) running gnome2.  When I
> click any url in a message body (the URL displays correctly in the
> status line) nothing happens.  Balsa just freezes, and I can only
> kill it with a ^C from the launching terminal.  (I currently launch
> from command line, not a gnome launcher.)  I've tried various setting
> in the gnome control center, and have also created gnome-moz-remote
> in both .
> gnome and .gnome2 (as suggested in the faq).  I don't have gdb
> installed, so I can't even attempt a stacktrace right now.  Am I
> missing something obvious?  I'm using Mozilla 1.4, in /usr/local/
> mozilla/mozilla.

On balsa.gnome.org You can read:

Please note that pspell distributed with RH8.0 makes balsa hang on fork
() call, i.e. when any external program is to be forked from balsa.
This case can easily be detected by running ldd /path/to/balsa:
libpthread should be listed before libc. The fix is to remove -lc from
dependency_libs in /usr/lib/libpspell.la and relink balsa.

The same applies to browser if I remember :)

		Artur