Re: no scroll when selecting text?

Am 2003.11.04 20:37 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
> On 11/03/2003 12:37:35 PM, Steffen Klemer wrote:
> [ snip ]
>> I simply select it with the mouse and if I'm at the end of the screen I
>> use my scroll-wheel ;)
>>
>> Nothing easier than this... *hehe*
>
> Steffen: that's so cool--I didn't know it worked like that!
>
> So how do scroll-wheel scrolls get through to the scrolled-window, when
> pointer movements don't??

If this helps a bit: It also worked iirc in the gtk1-version! (except for
html-msgs because of the great gtkhtml1 in former times :)

Perhaps it's because of the focus. OnMouseOver is nearly always
interpreted by gtk (for example in contrast to windows...) and if you try
it, nearly every scrollable widget can be used with the scrollwheel
without a click to focus it explicitly.

cu
/Steffen

--
 /"\
 \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |  "The best way to predict

PGP signature