Re: imap troubles

On 02/19/04 09:28:26, Darko Obradovic wrote:
> Am 19.02.2004 11:00 schrieb(en) Kacper Wysocki:
>> ... and then I get the CRAM-MD5 authentication failed message.
>
> It could be a problem with the servers auth-mechs, which balsa isn't
> able to handle. There are basicly 4 methods: CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5,
> LOGIN and PLAIN. The last two are cleartext, but that doesn't matter
[..]
> it. Or try hardcoding PLAIN as method in balsa source... :)

Okay, so kmail connects to the IMAP server fine when using 'cleartext',
LOGIN and PLAIN, while the md5 methods don't work. Sure I could
hardcode PLAIN into balsa, but if this is an issue that has potential
for failure not only for me, hacking in a imap connection type radio
button would probably be better :-) . Also there's the added benifit of
having multiple IMAP accounts, not neccessarily of the same type/on the
same server. I'm sadly not the man for the job, so if anyone could
direct me to the procedures/constants relevant to hardcoding PLAIN,
that would be great.

Kmail's connection detection feature didn't seem to work too well, btw.
I'd click the button and it would grey out. That's all that happens.
Seems like an alright mailer though.

0K

PGP signature