Re: Embedded external editor?

> Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:02:20 +0000
> From: Pawel Salek <pawsa theochem kth se>
> Subject: Re: Embedded external editor?
> To: balsa-list gnome org
>
> On 07/08/2004 07:45:37 PM, Quincey Koziol wrote:
> > Hi!
> >     I'm interested in using vim as the "native" editor for composing
> > messages
> > in balsa.  I see that someone is working on enabling this for
> > evolution:
> > http://www.opensky.ca/gnome-vim/evolution.png
> >     Is there any way for this to work with balsa also?
>
> I wonder whether selecting Edit/Edit with Gnome Editor is what you
> want? This should open the message in the editor selected in GNOME menu
> Preferences/Preferred Applications/Text Editor. Editing messages always
> in vi is somewhat more difficult, I am afraid.
    Yes, I've gotten that part working, so it spawns off a copy of gvim to edit
the message.  I'd really like to avoid that however and use the bonobo
component glue to natively use vim as the "real" editor for the message.
See the link above for a screenshot of this in use in evolution.  Here's the
link to the project site: http://www.opensky.ca/gnome-vim/

    Thanks,
        Quincey