Re: cvs HEAD, autogen.sh failed with --with-gpgme

Le 08.07.2004 19:17:51, Pawel Salek a écrit :
On 07/08/2004 06:24:52 PM, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
I have several automake installed side by side (Debian sid system),
but
the one choosen by the autogen script is 1.4. If I remove 1.4 it
doesnt
work at all.

If you have a look in .../libbalsa/Makefile.am, you can see the
following diff from yesterday version to today's one :
[snip]

One can believe that automake-1.4 has no support for conditional compilation (AM_CONDITIONAL). I do not know whether it is real problem or not - I just use the bootstrap.sh script which uses the most recent automake on my system (1.8)

I have opened a bug against gnome-common in the dDebian BTS and here is the reply of the maintainer :

------
I suggest the followig patch to /usr/share/aclocal/gnome2-macros/
autogen.sh

This fixes the problem for me [tm]. But I still wonder why it is asking
for such an outdated version of automake.

If you closely look at gnome-common's changelog, I already tried to
change the required version to something newer, but it was a bad idea.
Many upstream GNOME modules still depend on automake1.4 as they haven't
been updated, and using Debian's gnome-common on them broke stuff
severity.

You can force gnome-common to use a new automake using the
REQUIRED_AUTOMAKE_VERSION variable in autogen.sh. automake1.8 isn't
supported yet.

Jordi
------

Regards