Re : Balsa 2.2.0 end user impressions

First this is really nice to have a comprehensive review of Balsa. I found it especially useful because sometimes we did not even look "outside" to see what kind of solutions others have found for our problems, so it is refreshing to have unbiased comparisons with other MUAs also. I will try to give more precise answer to your remarks, but first of your problems with imap are kind of weird. Could you run balsa -D and post the output here so we can see what is going on. Because in general balsa tries to be smart when doing imap, that is everything is done server side (including threading, searching, filtering, ??sorting??). So it could be that your server does not support part of this and breaks balsa. Perhaps we should try threading and tell the use that the server does not support and then fall back to flat index (I do think that threading "by hand" for IMAP would be kind of slow).
Bye
Manu