Re: Balsa 2.2.0 end user impressions

Peter Bloomfield wrote:

It (outbox) can be serverside--there's no technical obstacle. We'd just need some way to make sure that even a novice user understands the risk.

How about a a regular imap "outbox" in case the SMTP is down, and a local "fallback-box" in case SMTP _and_ IMAP is down.

Iirc, the HIG suggests that capabilities shouldn't be found only on context menus. Of course, we're not 100% HIG-compliant...

I assume it's impossible to be 100 % HIG compliant. At least you hurt the philosophy to keep the menus small, there are usually dozens of functions having no correspondent in the menus.

Why is there no regular menu containing "Mark as XYZ-box"? Because its nonsense to mark a folder and afterwards search the "Mark as.. " point in a regular menu. Of course you do it by context menu, initiating the action and assigning it to it's target at once.

So why should I mark one part of many, saving it afterwards via menu? Usually I don't track where current focus is set (to whitch mail, which part of it, etc.), while browsing the menus.

Yes--it's a strange oversight--perhaps someone can fill in some  history.

Let me guess - D is THE traditional hotkey of some famous MUA?
Probably mutt? :)

Regards,

Joe