cvs HEAD rejects From xxx

HEAD current as of the writing, but the condition reported by Albrecht -- broken CVS mirrors -- may be relevant.

For some time (weeks) the HEAD version of Balsa has been useless because it shows many older files with a Subject as "(No subject)".  I've narrowed this down to lb_message_set_headers_from_string(), and the code:
	for(val = lines; *val && *val >32 && *val<126 && *val != ':'; val++)
which has the effect of suppressing the headers from mail files that begin:
	From ....
as *val>32 fails

Is this intentional?  And while we're on the subject, why is the code using the decimal values instead of isprint()?  And why is " being rejected?

Geoffrey