Re: HEAD: mbox sent message lost, received message not seen

On 09/30/2004 01:11:46 PM, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi!

I ran into an odd behaviour of the current cvs a few minutes ago:

I composed two messages and left them unsent in their compose windows. Then I clicked on my local sentbox (mbox file), and while this was still opening (progress bar active), I sent the two messages. One of them was copied into the sentbox, the other one is simply lost. The maillog says they were both sent to my provider, though.

Hi Albrecht:

I couldn't reproduce this in a couple of tries, but that may just be poor timing on my part! The current code should leave the message in the outbox with the FLAGGED flag set if copying it to the fccbox fails--do you recall whether it did? Or perhaps the message is there, but Balsa misparsed it: did you check the fccbox with imap?

I tried to reproduce the problem: compose a message to myself localhost, open sentbox, and send while it's still opening. Now the sent test message is in sentbox, but it's not displayed in inbox message list (mbox, again). The message *is* there, as reading the mbox file via imap localhost displays it as unread. Leaving and entering balsa again doesn't help, the message is just not there, neither as read or unread.

A recent change in GMime cvs exposed a longstanding bug in Balsa's mbox parsing, which is the most likely cause of this problem; fixed in cvs...

Peter