Re: cvs hsad 2.2.5: "To" field without a domain

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:43:11, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
Hi,

When I send a mail to other user on the system (so they are members of the same "domain"), balsa refuse to send it if the domain is not précised in the "To" field.

i.e.

On my system, there is my daughter whose account is "lise".
My machine name is "tangerine"

If I try to send a mail with only "lise" in the "To" field, balsa complains (501, to field must contain a domain).

Is that the actual error ? That's a SMTP error from the server, not a balsa error.

I've to use explicitely "lise tangerine"

With mutt for instance or the mail command line, this works without problem for local users.

mutt is invoking sendmail localy while balsa is going through smtp, that's the diference. you can build balsa without smtp support if you don't need it.

cheers

--
Carlos Morgado - chbm(a)ma.ssive.net - http://chbm.net/ 0x1FC57F0A FP:0A27 35D3 C448 3641 0573 6876 2A37 4BB2 1FC5 7F0A