Balsa Address Book

I am new to Linux.  I have been running Gnome with Fedora Core2 for a
couple of months.

I installed balsa 2.0.17 a couple of days ago and I like it a lot, but
I cannot get the address book entries from gnomecard into the address
book.

I have done mail.gnome.org searches, forum searches and Google
searches and also have gone through the help manual, but I wasn't able
to find the answer to my problem.

I went through the preferences dialog and set up a VCARD address book
as the default.  I have tried 'Pilot Address Book', GnomeCard Address
Book and just gnomecard for names with the file name always
/home/margo/.gnome/GnomeCard.grcd.

When I entered the email addresses into GnomeCard I set them as
internet connections, not AOL.

When I bring up the address book it is blank.  I can bring up
GnomeCard and all of the addresses show, but when I click on Re-import
absolutely nothing happens.

I don't think that the address book file is getting created, at least
bash can't find it with locate filename, and bash does find some files
that I created in my home directory with the same command.

Is there a way that I can create the address book file using the
command line, or should I be doing something else to solve the
problem?

Thanks, Margo Skinner