Re: GIT version - no display of html messages

Am 07.07.18 18:55 schrieb(en) Jack via balsa-list:
Unfortunately, that's just not always realistic.  I agree, almost always, those images are completely
unnecessary (even from legit senders) but I seem to frequently get emails where the entire message is
embedded in the image.

Really?  From my experiences, it's either dumb spam, or the image is embedded into a <a href=…> container to
redirect you to an infected web site or even immediately download malware if you click on it.  Putting the message
text into an image prevents the security scanners' text analysis heuristics from detecting it (that's why
Spamassassin's HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_XX rules exist).

Anyway, balsa (and other mua's) let *you* choose: if you are /really sure/ you want to load the image, just
click the button…

I tried again just prior to your commit, and I get instead:

lbh_navigation_policy_decision uri about:blank, type 5, used

Hmmm, this indicates that the second approach (the “if (g_ascii_strcasecmp(uri, "about:blank") != 0)…”
variant) may fix your issue, /without/ removing the EFail mitigation.

which would have been printed by .._TYPE_OTHER or ..._TYPE_RELOAD, which still doesn't make much sense to me.

Yes, agree.

Out of curiosity - clicking WHERE would trigger the WEBKIT_NAVIGATION_TYPE_LINK_CLICKED ?  Would that be
clicking some link withing the displayed content?

Yes.  At least for the current git version, it is displayed when you click on a link in the message (which in
turn opens the browser).

Also, I'm using webkit-gtk 2.18.6, and have been for at least several months.  It's currently the only
version available on Gentoo, so I'll have to check their forums/bugsystem to see if there is any move to
upgrade.

I see.  Debian stretch also comes with 2.18.6, I'll install a vm with it and try if I can reproduce the
issue, stay tuned.

Best
Albrecht.