Re: CVS Beagle doesn't build correctly

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 21:42 +1200, Michael A. Koziarski wrote:
> When I run make I get the following error (Full log in Filters-Failure.log):
>
> ** (/usr/lib/mono/1.0/mcs.exe:5497): WARNING **: Could not find assembly
> evolution-sharp, references from
> /home/michael/cvs/gnome2/beagle/Filters/../indexer/Indexer.dll
> (assemblyref_index=5)
>       Major/Minor: 1,0
>       Build:       0,0
>       Token:       457eed85bd9370df
>

> Now looking at the mcs command used to compile it, I can see there's no
> reference to evolution sharp.

This is the compiler looking in the GAC to try to resolve the reference
to evolution-sharp from Indexer.dll.  This is probably something that
should be fixed in the Makefile, but I've taken to doing:

MONO_GAC_PREFIX=/opt/evolution-sharp make

which should take care of it.  Note that it's the *prefix* to evo-sharp
and not any specific library path.  So if you installed into
/usr/local, you'll want to set that there.

Joe