Re: Gentoo and gmime

Raf:

This is from the Ubuntu: "BeagleInstallHowto"

<snip>
To set your file system up to accept extended attributes you will have to edit /etc/fstab. Simply, add 'user_xattr' to the line refering to your home directory. On a default Ubuntu install this is done by changing the line that looks like the following:

/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1

To make it look like this:

/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro,user_xattr 0 1

You will also have to add a line to your /etc/udev/permissions.d/udev.permissions. You will need to add

inotify:root:root:666

</snip>

Hope this helps,

~Mike