Re: Extended attributes lastCrawlAttr

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 14:57 +0000, Julian Satchell wrote:
> My indexer design did not store the crawl time, but the last modified
> time; this is available from most file systems. I only re-read the file
> when the last modified time is later than the entry in the index.

Just to clarify: for the most part, what Beagle is storing in the EA is
the mtime, not the crawl time.

Crawl times (in addition to the usual mtimes) are attached to
directories.  These times are used to choose the order in which beagle
re-crawls: never-before-crawled and less-recently-crawled directories
get crawled first.

-J