Re: Inotify

Lukas, not hard at all.  Grab a patch from the site Robert mentioned
above and patch the kernel.  Might help if you are patching vanilla
sources instead of gentoo-ized sources.  So make sure to emerge
development-sources not gentoo-dev-sources.  Patch the kernel, enable
the option and your golden.  I'm going to try and get some stuff added
to the wiki today about this.

But this does raise a larger question:

With all of these exceptions are we now requireing inotify or is it
just a helpful feature?

If we require it, does it limit porting to other platorms?  It also
requires users to deal with kernels which may limit the testing
audience.  On the other hand....inotify is freakin' awsome!

-- Joe Gasiorek