Re: Beagle 0.0.12 Filesystemindex not working

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 12:00 +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Sharninder wrote:
> > I read that email but was'nt feeling adventurous enough to try the CVS
> > version, so I decided to go with the released version. I'll leave the
> > machine overnight and see if I still have this problem tomorrow. I ran
> > beagled in debug mode (doh !!) and figured out that the fileindex
> > backend wanted sqlite to run. I don't know why this is the case when I
> > have extended attributes (user_xattr) enabled for my /home.
>
> Beagle uses sqlite for more than just an xattr fallback. It's usage is being
> reduced in future versions but it will still be a requirement.

Oh ok. I read somewhere on the beaglewiki.org site only that sqlite is
not needed anymore for the Fileindex filter, but I might be wrong.
Anyway, beagle is working fine on the system now and the disk accesses
have reduced though not completely gone. Is there some way I can use
operators like '+' in the searches, like for example, search for 'gnome
+beagle' to search for all mails having gnome *and* beagle. Right now
best does not support this as far as I could tell.

--
Sharninder