Use of extended attributes has issues.

Hi,

Whenever I try to copy a Beagle-indexed file onto a filesystem which
does not support EAs (for example, a memory stick), horrible,
frightening things happen.

At the command line, I get this kind of nonsense:

        [nat linux Desktop]$ cp
        NovellCongres.nl.keynote.odp /media/USB_DISK/
        cp: setting attribute `user.Beagle.Uid' for
        `/media/USB_DISK/NovellCongres.nl.keynote.odp': Operation not
        supported
        cp: setting attribute `user.Beagle.MTime' for
        `/media/USB_DISK/NovellCongres.nl.keynote.odp': Operation not
        supported
        cp: setting attribute `user.Beagle.IndexTime' for
        `/media/USB_DISK/NovellCongres.nl.keynote.odp': Operation not
        supported
        cp: setting attribute `user.Beagle.Fingerprint' for
        `/media/USB_DISK/NovellCongres.nl.keynote.odp': Operation not
        supported
        [nat linux Desktop]$

It is not even clear to me if the file copied (it did).

In Nautilus, I get a dialog box telling me that the copy failed because
"There is not enough space on the destination."  And the copy does fail.

If we are going to use EAs in Beagle, then we need to make sure EAs work
in general.  I guess the tools themselves need to be fixed; I wonder how
many tools need to be fixed?

Anyway, I want to alert you guys about this because the current behavior
is "Beagle makes my filesystem stop working," even if the reason for
this is that "My operating system is totally inadequate."

Nat