Re: WebBookmarks Queryable

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 13:25 -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 02:07 +0200, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 22:29 +0200, Martijn van Beers wrote:
> > > Why does that matter? It isn't really all that interesting whether
> > > a url was found in your history or in your bookmarks, is it? you'd just
> > > want one search result, right?
> >
> > Having the Uris be unique identifiers for the hits is a very convenient
> > property to be able to assume, and shouldn't really require a lot of
> > extra work.
>
> Yeah, but I tend to agree with Martijn: you wouldn't want links for
> google showing up twice despite being the same thing, depending on what
> backend it comes from.
>
> On the other hand, this will greatly complicate either Hits or Tiles and
> templates or both. :)

If the actual link is an attribute it shouldn't be too hard for Hits to
recognize that hits from bookmarks and from web history are identical,
and only show one of them.

Maybe Hits should be a little smarter and be able to recognize related
and identical or related hits in things like bookmarks, web history and
email threads?

Tiles could then be contained in some kind of grouping widget which can
be collapsed or expanded to show related and or identical hits.

--
Eirik Mikkelsen <eirikmik gmail com>