Re: beagle re-indexing after reboot

bump....
looking for some ideas...

-----Original Message-----
From: Abbas Faiq <afaiq aol com>
To: Beagle Maillist <Dashboard-hackers gnome org>
Sent: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:22:33 -0400
Subject: beagle re-indexing after reboot

looks like every time I reboot, I lose the beagle indices. This is especially true for files. In cases where I had a number of hits for a search before reboot, comes up empty. Not sure if this is related, but it appears as if beagle doesn't shut down cleanly after beagle-shutdown command, because the next time I attempt to restart, I get the message
"DEBUG: Starting messaging server
FATAL: Could not set up the listener for beagle requests. There is probably another beagled instance running. Use --replace to replace the running service"

using --replace option doesn't do much good either..

"beagled --fg --debug --replace
INFO: Starting Beagle Daemon (version 0.0.10)
DEBUG: Command Line: /usr/local/lib/beagle/BeagleDaemon.exe --debug --replace --fg
DEBUG: Starting messaging server
INFO: Attempting to replace another beagled.
INFO: Sending Shutdown"

and things just hang

AF