kBeagleBar-0.1

Hi
    A few days back I saw spotlight in action, for the first time. And
I was impressed. deskbar applet doesnt quite integrate into KDE, hence
a few hours of exercise created a spotlight klone - kBeagleBar KDE
kicker applet. Its similar to deskbar (highly toned down, only works
with beagle).

    kBeagleBar sits quietly in the kicker panel and wakes up with
Ctrl-Alt-Space (configurable in future). The results are presented in
a menu to allow easy navigation and selection.
kBeagleBar is mostly suitable when the user knows the right query
terms so that the required result appears in the top few. In the
future, kBeagleBar will be integrated with yaBi, allowing a complete
beagle search experience in KDE.

    Beagle supports a rich query syntax and kBeagleBar adds some more
options to it to make searches very powerful. Current release includes
the documentation, which contains the details of the query syntax.

    To download the sources, visit
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=159906
    For that obligatory screenshot, I included one in
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=35781

- dBera

PS: I love libbeagle (beagle C api); its so easy to work with :)

Debajyoti Bera @ http://dbera.blogspot.com
beagle / KDE fan
Mandriva / Inspiron-1100 user