Evenly distributed indexes

Hola hackers!

So after a fantastic holiday I'm once again at home. :) I'm still trying
to catch-up with all the fabulous stuff happening at the moment so bear
with me.

I have a bit of spare time the following week so I thougt I would do a
little hacking after about a ~1.5 month pause. I will most likely try to
get the new even distribution of indexes done, so I was wondering what
is the status on it. Is there any work being done?

Cheers,
Lukas