Re: Searching email

On 6/2/06, Brian J. Murrell <brian interlinx bc ca> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 20:09 -0400, Kevin Kubasik wrote:
> Are you using IMAP or POP? If you are using an IMAP account, you must
> configure evolution to download your messages for offline viewing if
> you wish to have the message contents indexed, otherwise beagle will
> only index the message summary (ie. To,From, Subject)

Are messages that have already been read in evolution fully indexed?
AFAIK, even if they are imap sourced, a copy of the full message is
cached, no?

Any plans on beagle being able to index right off of the imap server,
perhaps via evolution or something?
We have discussed this on several occasions, but it just doesn't make
sense to have beagle actually query the IMAP server. Most other
desktop searches require messages be available offline, and we would
quickly develop lots of sysadmin enemies complaining of slammed IMAP
servers whenever a user rebuilds their mail index.

b.

Brian J. Murrell