Re: beagled seems to get stuck

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 18:43 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Do you think this exception is related to beagled getting "stuck"?

I expect it would, yes.

> I made the modification above, re-ran beagled and like it always does,
> it ran for a while but now seems to be stuck again:
>
> Scheduler:
> Count: 6165
> Delayed 0 (5/5/2006 5:52:56 PM)
> Crawling /home/brian/tmp

What kind of and how many files do you have in this directory?  I
recently fixed a bug in CVS in which beagled could get hung if it came
across files like named pipes, FIFOs, device nodes.

> Nothing in the Log though.

Did you look in both the "Beagle" and "IndexHelper" logs?  What are the
last few lines in the latter?  That might tell you what, if any, file it
got caught on.

Does Beagle spin the CPU when it gets stuck, either after the exception
or in this just-hanging case?

Joe