Re: State of the Pooch

On Friday 17 November 2006 17:22, Joe Shaw wrote:
> When a crash occurs, we should try each of the items in the
> crashing batch individually to narrow down the exact file that crashes,
> and then mark it (probably with an xattr) to not try to filter it ever
> again.
I'd propose storing the version of beagle, and only trying again if
stored_beagle_version != current_beagle_version. Combining this with a kind
of 'blacklist' somewhere, which stores the ids of all files causing the
helper to crash, would solve the whole problem transparently for the user.
Just check if the beagle version changed and try to re-index the files on the
blacklist. Otherwise this would pose the problem: Hey my new beagle is
supposed to fix the helper crash I reported, why am I still unable to find
the offending file in the index?

Regards,
	Flo
--