Re: beagle losing indexes?

Then I repeated the clean-up (deleted the .beagle dir and restarted beagle)
and watched the indexing more closely:

$ beagle-index-info | grep -A 2 KMail
Name: KMail
Count: 16082
Indexing: True

$ beagle-index-info | grep -A 2 KMail
Name: KMail
Count: 17539
Indexing: True

$ beagle-index-info | grep -A 2 KMail
Name: KMail
Count: 9083
Indexing: True

Notice how the index count drops.

Can you fish through your logs (mainly beagled-helper) for any unusual
stuff ? Like gmime exceptions, running out of file descriptors or any
exceptions. Most probably the indexer was restarted by beagled between
2nd and 3rd call so there might be more than one index-helper log
file. So, check the timestamp of beagled log file and consult _all_
the index-helper log files created after beagled log file.

There was some change in signal handling stuff in a previous release
which could cause this - but AFAIR, that change went in some release
prior to 0.2.9. So, offhand I dont know what is causing this. If it is
possible to attach the logs then I can have a look at them.

Another random possibility: are you using mbox for your kmail mails ?

- dBera

Debajyoti Bera @ http://dbera.blogspot.com
beagle / KDE fan
Mandriva / Inspiron-1100 user