Re: A question about filters

Hi,

On 4/30/07, Johann Petrak <johann petrak chello at> wrote:
Sorry I think there was a misunderstanding ... I probably expressed this
in the wrong way.
What I want is really less complex: I simply want that more than one
filter runs for certain types of files (or all files processed by
beagle).

Ah, ok, I think I understand.

There's no way to do this with 0.2.x, but you will be able to do this
with 0.3.x (what is in SVN right now).  You basically have two
choices: you can write a backend which understands your database
format and adds metadata to indexed data (like the Nautilus metadata
backend):

   http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/beagle/trunk/beagle/beagled/NautilusMetadataQueryable/NautilusMetadataQueryable.cs?view=markup

The other option is to do this by hand externally using the Beagle
indexing service APIs.  F-Spot is now doing this to index its tags:

   http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/f-spot/trunk/src/BeagleNotifier.cs?view=markup

(That's in C#, but APIs exist in C and Python as well.)

Joe