Re: Volunteer for building/maintaining Beagle for Ubuntu

Hey! That's great to hear!

On 8/29/07, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek chauhan gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I recently came to know that the Beagle package in Ubuntu needs some
> help in the form of an active maintainer. I have some experience with
> Ubuntu Package building (where experience means mostly checkinstall
> with a little pbuilder thrown in), and would be glad to help.
Thats great, I have been able to merge and keep Beagle building fine
(atm) but what I really need right now is someone to test the new
build (and make appropriate revisions where needed). I already have
started to merge in some pending/conflicting changes from 0.2.18, and
that should be done soon.

> Though I do not think I will be able to be _the_ maintainer (where
> able means able :), I should be able to devote time to it and ease
> your workload somewhat.

Thats all we/I really need, I think between the 2 of us we can
probably stay on top of this. ;)

Once I have the 0.2.18 changes merged and the buildpatches updated,
I'm gonna probably need some help with the approval process, it always
takes forever, and generally because of dumb small things that are a 1
line fix, + 20 minutes of repackaging/building/testing for each
iteration. That's the phase I'm gonna want/need the most help on. The
red tape of getting a package into ubuntu after the freeze is
extensive enough that you don't want to do it unless you really need
to.