Re: stuck in file crawl task loop

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 11:54 -0500, Joe Shaw wrote:
> They should be fixed in 0.2.14.  So what you're seeing is obviously an
> uncaught one.

Cool.  :-)

> The main reason why it would store inside the DB instead of an xattr is
> permissions.

Right.

> Beagle will try to convert DB entries to xattrs when it can (removing
> them from the DB), but that only happens on a reindex.  If the file
> hasn't changed, Beagle won't touch it.

Ok.  I chowned the file to me and then touched it and just like magic:

brian pc:~$ attr -l /home/brian/sieve.script
Attribute "Beagle.Uid" has a 22 byte value for /home/brian/sieve.script
Attribute "Beagle.MTime" has a 14 byte value for /home/brian/sieve.script
Attribute "Beagle.AttrTime" has a 14 byte value for /home/brian/sieve.script
Attribute "Beagle.Fingerprint" has a 25 byte value for /home/brian/sieve.script

But still:

$ echo 'select * from file_attributes where filename = "sieve.script";' | sqlite3 ~/.beagle/Indexes/FileSystemIndex/FileAttributesStore.db
bo7X958nykipdPCXJdiA+w|/home/brian|sieve.script|20041206030115|20070116172617|Beagle.Filters.FilterText|0

So it seems like it did half of the job.  :-)

> Why, because the files change too often?

Indeed.

> You might be able to poke Alex
> into polishing up the server-side watcher. :)

Not terribly important for me.  I have switched from nfs based homes to
local workstation based homes and automount.

b.

Brian J. Murrell