Re: Opera backend for Beagle

> Okay, here's some output from beagled --fb --debug --backend Opera

You did "--fb" or "--fg" ? --fg would run beagle on the foreground and print
both the logs from beagled and indexhelper.

> Debug: Starting backend: 'Opera'
> Debug: Starting Opera history backend
> Debug: Opera history backend done in 0,205798s
> Debug: Finished thread EHT 19329 [19310 BeagleDaemon]
> Beagle.Daemon.OperaQueryable.OperaQueryable:StartWorker
> Warn: Couldn't store file attributes for /home/rikz/.opera/cache4/opr00UTD
> Debug: Caught ResponseMessageException: Connection refused
> Debug: InnerException is SocketException -- we probably need to launch a
> helper Debug: Launching helper process
> Debug: IndexHelper PID is 19331
> Always: Starting Index Helper process (version 0.3.0)
> Always: Running on Mono 1.2.5.1
> Always: Extended attributes are supported
> Always: Command Line: /usr/lib/beagle/IndexHelper.exe
> Debug: Found IndexHelper (19331) in 1,00s
> Warn: Unable to filter
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-590705.html.
> /home/rikz/.opera/cache4/opr00UTD appears to have disappeared from
> underneath us
>
> Does this log give us any importaint info? Can I make beagled a little
> bit more verbose on what it is currently indexing and so on? I've
> visited lots of pages, but beagled was silent about them, even when
> they were indexed successfully.

The indexhelper log (or if you start with --fg, then the output to the
terminal) will show that webpages are being indexed. Maybe you can track that
and see if there is anything there ?

The msg "xxx appears to have disappeared from underneath us" is fine once in a
while, it means opera removed the cache file for some reason even before
beagle could get to it. But it should not happen always.

- dBera

beagle / KDE fan
Mandriva / Inspiron-1100 user