RE: Reviving Semantic Relationships in Beagle

Hello,

This does sound very exciting. I have been following the development of
Beagle for years, so a proposal to add RDF relationships is welcomed.

I have a keen interest in the Semantic Web and specifically RDF. I will be
attending the International Semantic Web Conference next week so you can see
how much I believe in the stuff :)

I am following the RDFa W3C discussions as well and am about to join the
group. This is another area that an RDFized Beagle could jump on.

Are you aware of the Aperture project [1]? They have developed a crawler and
RDF extractor that crawls the filesystem as well as the web. Very
comprehensive system. I believe this project could utilise aspects of the
Aperture system. Beagle already does the crawling so you could use the
getRDFContainer method (which just takes a URI) and spits out an RDF model.

You can then use this RDF model in whatever way you would want inside of
Beagle.

I am happy to help, let me know what you think and what (if anything) you
would like me to do.

Cheers,

David Peterson

[1] Aperture - a Java framework for getting data and metadata
http://aperture.sourceforge.net/