Re: help with writing a python client

> > > <beagle.SearchTermResponse object at 0xb7da411c
> > > (BeagleSearchTermResponse at 0x81ee600)>
>
> Interesting.  Like dBera mentioned query requests have to be sent
> asynchronously.
>
> I thought that trying to start a query synchronously would throw an
> exception or an error response or something along those lines.  I seem
> to vaguely remember code to that effect in the server somewhere. :)

In the BeagleClient  API, yes. Not in the bindings (*). At least not
if the above is working. From what I remember, sending the query as a
sync request will return the SearchTermResponse; BeagleClient has the
additional logic to explicitly deny sending a Query as a sync request.

(*) Its a bug that its not enforced in the bindings.

- dBera

beagle / KDE fan
Mandriva / Inspiron-1100 user