Re: Application names in menus

Hi,

HIG actually reccomends right now:

APP_NAME GENERIC_NAME (no parenthesis)

GNOME 2.x menu entries should be following the HIG at this point, bug
reports should be filed against applications that are not (with the
"HIG" bug keyword set, and I'd be happy to be cc'ed).

Now it turns out the desktop file spec does apparently have some sort of
GenericName field. I need to find out the details on this so I can
integrate that information into the HIG suggestion.

-Seth