Re: RFC: Common desktop-wide paths

Steven Garrity wrote:
All of this sounds good to me. However, I'm not sure there is really a need for a "Downloads" directory. Most downloads would be of a type that should end up in Documents, Photos, Music, or Video.

I realize the advantage would be to have a default place for applications to put downloads - but as the default download destination is usually temporary, wouldn't it be better to put downloads right on the desktop where they are more visible?

Ok, I realize I'm replying to myself here - and I'm probably turning up an idea that was shot down a long time ago, but have we ever considered making the HOME directory and the Desktop the same location?

Steven Garrity