Re: the future of GNOME Applets

Davyd Madeley wrote:

Keyboard Indicator
	Keep, though the icon could do with some loving, I think someone
	did one in fact.

Yes, Jimmac is currently planning redoing all the applets' icons as he told me.

If I am not mistaken you are refering to the applet that makes use of libxklavier rather than to older one used for just switching layouts (gkb).

The one that uses libxklavier, currently has an odd showstopper bug that I keep hearing of and experience myself (bug id: 145132) so I think it needs some attention. Also, some layout switch shortcuts (KDE example) feature and windows (again KDE example) specific layout settings would make it a great applet.

To me, current situation with keyboard layouts under Gnome is in trouble, because I could never manage to work with more than one layout the way I wanted. Would be nice to raise this question on i18n list.

Metin