Re: the future of GNOME Applets

Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au> writes:

[...]

> System Monitor
> 	Keep

I have what I believe is a much better implementation of this:

  http://www.cs.aau.dk/~olau/hardware-monitor/

Cleaner interface, more polished graphs, much smoother updating. It
can monitor the same thing that system-monitor can monitor plus CPU
temperature with libsensors. It can monitor multiple things in the
same applet. Multiple viewers, curves, columns, bars, plain text, a
l33t flame effect.

It is written with gtkmm, though. But everytime I start
system-monitor, I'm amazed how ugly it is. :-) Perhaps it is about
time it got replaced?

If you're on Debian, try "apt-get install hardware-monitor".

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~olau/