Re: the future of GNOME Applets

Davyd Madeley wrote:
Hey all,

Wireless Link Monitor
	This has been completely superseeded by gnome-netstatus, plus
	hopefully gnome-netstatus is going to get some serious HAL lovin
	in the near future making it even more useful. FC is turning off
	this applet in their packages, I would like to turn it off by
	default here too.

Now this I'm having issues with, Because the Current gnome-netstatus applet -blinks- all the time. This causes severe stress at the edges of the visible field, especially on larger monitors, which is completly distracting and bad from a usability perspective.

If the netstatus applet could just "shut up" and stop flickering around it would be usable, because the cute graph on the side of it is nicer than the ....thingie... with numbers that the wireless applet has.

However, at the moment, netstatus wouldn't be usable for daily use.

//Spider