Re: Zoom.

On 23 Aug 2003, Alan Horkan wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

They're round numbers on a log scale.

but Why?

It's common when dealing with paper -- when going from A4 to A5, the area
is half as big, but the sides a 1/sqrt(2) as long.  I must admit that the
85% puzzles me, though.  They're from before my time.

I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a little entrybox in the
lower left corner of each diagram where you can enter the zoom level.
What use dialog?

I forgot about that.
It would help if I kept a copy of Dia handy to check things wouldn't it.

Indeed it would:)

A dialog can have more presets and advanced options than you might want
to cram into a menu or the tool bar/status bar.  Also some people have
come to expect a dialog from other programs and will aciddentally
overlook the zoom box embedded in the status bar, particularly if we
allow the Status bar to be hidden as per the Gnome Human Interface
Guidelines.

True.  There are better frills and features I want to look at first, though.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor