Re: another question on custom shapes

On Wed, 7 May 2003, John B. Pormann wrote:

How do I create custom shapes that have internal variables -- sort of
like the UML and GRAFCET sheets?

Something where the "Properties" dialog box would have some extra bits in
it that the user could set (and would be placed in the output file in
some identifiable form).  All I would need is a direct pass-through -- if
the user enters "xyz" for variable "foo", then nothing in Dia changes,
just the output will have <xml:something ... name="foo" value="xyz">, or
somesuch.

There don't appear to be any such shapes in the /usr/share/dia area, so
I'm guessing this is something that requires more than just a shape and
xpm file?  perhaps a plugin?

That's not supported in the shapes yet.  I'm not sure how hard it'd be to
add, it's basically just adding another property.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor